Lemons are one to the citrus family and are rich in vitamin C which is a very potent anti-oxidant. Apart from the juice, the rind is also loaded with benefits: The rind is rich in tangeretin, which have been proven to be effective in brain disorders including Parkinson’s disease.
Lemons have the following advantages:
1. Rejuvenates the skin. It is a powerful beauty enhancer.
2. Helps maintain the immune system hence protects the body from infections.
3. Lemons are high in potassium which makes them good for the heart and blood pressure problems.
4. The pectin in the lemons help lower cholesterol levels.
5. Lemons contain 22 anti-Cancer compounds or phytonutrients which include flavonol and limonene.
6. According to the Reams biological ionisation theory (RBTI), the lemon is the only food in the world that is anionic (i.e an ion with a negative charge) and this is extremely important for health as it’s the interaction between cation and anions that ultimately provides cell energy.
This is prepared by squeezing the juice out of the lemon into either warm or cold water. Drinking it warm has a lot of health advantages:
1. Though lemon is acidic in nature, once consumed, it makes the body alkaline.
2. It is a strong detoxifier, it flushes toxins out of the body.
3. It has strong anti-inflammatory properties. It helps with gout.
4. It promotes bile production by the liver.
5. It kickstarts the body’s metabolism.
6. It has strong rehydrating properties.
7. It boosts the lymphatic system.
8. It gives fresh breath.
9. It is high in potassium and hence lowers blood pressure.
10. It reduces mucus and Phlegm production.
11. It acts as a diuretic.
12. The citric acid in lemons dissolves gallstones ,calcium deposits and kidney stones.
13. It gets rid of the troublesome deposits of uric acid that causes painful gout.
How to make lemon water
1. Choose organic and unwaxed lemons.
2. Start with half a lemon and build up to 1 as you get more comfortable taking lemon water habitually. Juice the lemon and add to a big cup of filtered water.
3. Take first thing in the morning before food and before brushing your teeth.
4. Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water after drinking.
You can’t go wrong by taking lemons . Why don’t you start today? Remember to share this post with friends and keep up with Ola Herbs and Greens on other social media platforms. Feel free to drop your comments or share your personal experiences.